The Pros and Cons of Working Environment in the Microsoft Company
There are different environment when it comes to work, school, and family. It depends on you on how you are going to cope up in such environment. Among those environment, the most challenging one is the work because it is where you will see and experience the actual struggles and difficulties of being with people who think, behave, and work differently.
One of the biggest companies in the world is Microsoft. A lot of people dream of working in such prestigious company that develops the popular Windows 10, where solutions to screen shifting to black or blue screen can be found in Meltcomics. However, nothing’s perfect. Hence, working in Microsoft also has its downside.
Of course, we will not just be listing down the cons of working in Microsoft. First, we enumerated the best things employees get:
1. Great Salary and Benefits- According to Microsoft employees, they rate the benefits package 4.4 stars out of 5. They mean pay across all titles in 2015 was $137,000, Glassdoor found.
2. Influence– Simple. You get the chance to work on products being used by everyone.
3. The CEO–
Because of all the changes, some employees think Nadella is taking Microsoft in the right direction. Microsoft “got its groove back with Satya,” says one. Another says: “Life under Satya is much better than under [former CEO Steve] Ballmer, no question.”
Worst Things You can Experience
1. Longer Working Hours– Since Microsoft is a very popular company because of their products, they have to work harder in order to maintain their status. Other employees say that it is not healthy anymore. There is no work-life balance and huge pressure to transform and deliver everyday and many conflicting priorities.
2. Career Stagnation- In a company with the size and scope of Microsoft, the opportunities are limitless–but so is the competition. Employees say it can be easy to get stuck on a project that doesn’t have high visibility and then to just drift along.
3. Too much Politics– in every environment, politics is inevitable, it is everywhere. A decent amount of frustration occurs due to politics. Your career can excel more by aligning with the right manager and drinking the Kool-Aid with a lot enthusiasm.